You know I love great communications, and I also love a company that asks for users opinions, ideas and suggestions for improvement, and then acts upon them accordingly. eBay has been doing that for years, and is doing it again, in a BIG way!
During eBay’s Seller Summit and 20th Birthday Event Devin Wenig, eBay CEO, announced some huge improvements for sellers.
For years sellers have asked for changes that will help the flow of returns, seller information in an easier format, and changes to what affects Defect Rates. eBay listened, and today announced three big upcoming changes.
1. Improvements and flexibility on Returns!
- Structured Returns
- Single Return Platform
- Hassle Free Returns
By creating return and refund rules it will help:
- Expedite returns
- Automate the return process for both the buyer and the seller
- Managing returns be easier for the seller
- Create faster resolutions and less escalations
The six big changes within returns include:
- Seller sets restocking fee up front in the listing flow
- Seller sets up return preferences
- Buyer selects a Reason Code
- Seller provides RMA number
- Seller provides own return label
- Seller can report a problem buyer
2. eBay Seller Hub – All the info – all in one place!
I don’t know about you but I’ve never been great at knowing where to find everything I want to look at as a Seller. That’s about to change with all of the items below in one convenient spot.
Sign up for the wait list today, Sept 10th at http://ebay.com/sellerhub Goes Live Oct 20th!
3. Changes to how the Defect Rate is calculated
This is the area I am most Starting Feb 20, 2016 the following items will no longer impact your Defect Rate:
- Buyer Feedback (Negatives and Neutrals)
- DSR’s (Detailed Seller Ratings)
- Return requests that are successfully resolved with your buyer
- Item not received requests that are successfully resolved with your buyer
Among the improved changes is a long awaited one for On Time Shipping. In the new standards sellers are accountable only for what they can truly control…delivering your item to the carrier within your stated handling time!
If you would like to read all the details, plus get additional information, please use the following links:
The key landing pages are below for more information:
• Main Landing Page –http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2015/index.html
• Seller Standards – http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2015/seller-standards.html
• eBay Seller Hub – http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2015/ebay-seller-hub.html
• Returns on eBay – http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2015/returns-updates.html
• Category & Items Specifics – http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2015/category-updates.html
• Product Identifiers – http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/build-your-business-online/grow-your-sales/seo-unique-identifiers.html
• Seller timeline – http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/fallupdate2015/seller-timeline.html